Qt, Open Source and corona

Johan Ouwerkerk jm.ouwerkerk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 20:19:04 BST 2020

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 4:10 PM Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic at kde.org> wrote:

> > want use KDE as the "open version of Qt" shop then we should probably
> > first look at the number of fixes to upstream actually made through
> > KDE mirrors directly. I.e. count how many people use KDE repos to
>
> I think I agree with your sentiment, but:
>
> Not sure what you meant here - patches can not go from KDE mirror to Qt
> directly:
>  - CLA
>  - It is a mirror - all development is done in Qt's GIT repository.

I probably expressed myself poorly there. :)

FWIW: the first idea I had was to simply count the activity of private
"qt" repositories on invent.kde.org which kind of presupposes that
people use invent.kde.org as a convenient backup of their local work
as well (kind of the default Gitlab/Github mindset). That might not
hold, especially not if people have 'direct' committer access to repos
hosted by the Qt project itself.

The main thing is that before deciding to jump in we should probably
first figure out how many contributions and how many contributors we
can currently sustain and then re-asses our options.

Regards,

- Johan