Qt, Open Source and corona

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Thu Apr 9 20:13:34 BST 2020

It's important to differentiate things we know and
things we don't know, especially in situations that
invite speculation.

What we do know:
- There's a contract. It's a vital document that
  has served everyone well for a long time.
- Parties to a contract can change in all sorts of
  ways over time, but contracts remain binding.
- There's a body maintaining that contract.
- Contracts can be improved.

That's not a small thing!

Cheers,
Eike
-
KDE e.V. Vice President

April 9, 2020 9:04 PM, "Jens" <jens at ohyran.se> wrote:

> I can’t make any calls since the work isn’t on my shoulders but if the Qt company are ready to pull
> this stunt AND then lie about it in the vaguest most awkward way of saying “KDE and Qt Free are
> lying” they will do this again and forking, even though Qt Company cowered out now, might be better
> in the long run.
>
> Again since I wouldn’t be pulling the load this should be treated as “random dude talking”.
>
> Sent from Phone, hence short mail
>
>> On 9 Apr 2020, at 16:27, Eike Hein <hein at kde.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.
>>
>> This is very true.
>>
>> The KFQF with all representatives remains actively
>> working on the issues with the same mission state-
>> ment, too.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Eike
>> -