Help with sorting out unmaintained repos in the playground

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Apr 6 08:38:05 BST 2020

On Sonntag, 5. April 2020 14:00:50 CEST Bhushan Shah wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 05, 2020 at 04:43:32PM +0530, Bhushan Shah wrote:
> > Hello community,
> >
> > In preparation for upcoming move of KDE repositories to Gitlab we
> > sysadmins wants to move the unused/inactive repositories to
> > unmaintained/.
> >
> > Current list of all repositories: https://phabricator.kde.org/T12916
>
> Sorry for wrong wording here, but this list contains *all* playground
> repositories, idea is to remove the maintained repos from this list, so
> in end only unmaintained remains.

What will happen to unmaintained repos? Will they be removed? There are quite
a few in there, which are dead but I would like to keep for archiving
purposes. If KDE's repositories are not the right place for this, I'll move
them to GitHub? Or is there a better solution?

There are a few in there which should probably transition through kde-review
since they are already used by people. But there is noone with the resources
to maintain them for real... So what should we do?

devtools/plugins/kdev-verapp
devtools/plugins/kdev-valgrind
devtools/plugins/kdev-ruby
devtools/plugins/kdev-xdebug
devtools/plugins/kdev-upload
devtools/plugins/kdev-css
devtools/plugins/kdev-executebrowser
devtools/plugins/kdev-mercurial
devtools/plugins/kdev-embedded
devtools/plugins/kdev-krazy2
devtools/plugins/kdev-control-flow-graph
devtools/quanta

Having them in playground was a nice way to create something that may or may
not work, quasi the "use on your own risk" place for code with no
guarantees... Or something which only worked for the person working on it at
some time.

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff