update on Akademy

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Wed Mar 25 19:21:02 GMT 2020

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you an update on this year's Akademy. The Akademy
team and the board have decided to do a virtual event this year
instead of an in-person event.

Our reasoning behind it: With the current COVID-19 lock-down of most
of the world there is simply too much uncertainty about how things
will look like later this year. We do not want to put any of our
community member's or their loved-one's health at risk with an
international gathering at this point in time. Additionally we can't
know yet which types of travel restrictions will remain in place and
if many of you will want to even travel again already. Since a venue
decision is overdue we also can't delay making this decision any
longer in the hope that things will clear up in time.

What will happen now: We will work hard to make this an enjoyable
event that still allows us to share our successes, plan our next
endeavors, learn and socialize. The e.V. is contracting Allyson
Alexandrou to support the Akademy team and help us make this event
happen. You will see her around. In addition we will need your help.
If you can support the Akademy team please reach out to
akademy-team at kde.org.

We will keep you updated about a specific date once we have selected
it. We are currently targeting August/Septemeber.

Cheers
Lydia, who hopes to see all of you again in-person at Akademy 2021

KDE e.V. Board of Directors
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org