Planet KDE

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Thu Mar 12 15:41:31 GMT 2020

Hi,

it is nice to hear that LibreOffice is also interested in Pluto.

I don't think it will be very difficult to implement a solution
similar to how you proposed it, but there is some drawbacks in using
a JS solution to filter some of the feeds:

* then loading the page, all blog posts will be displayed and then
some posts disappear. This makes the entire page reflow.
* since the generator create statically x post per page, if you
don't display all post, your page will contains a variable number
of post per page and can be empty.

But even though filtering with js and cookie doesn't create the
best reader experience, it is also the only way to filter the
post per authors. We had something similar in the old version of
planet for filtering per language.

Depending on why you want to filter some posts, you could try to
classify the various feeds in category (LibreOffice documentation,
LibreOffice news, Off topic, ...) and create a page for each
category similar to how I did with the language. So every can only
read and subscribe to the few categories, they are interested in.

Do you have a link to the planet LibreOffice and instructions in
how to get in touch with the team working on it?

Regards,

Carl