Licensing Policy and modified Apache License

L. E. Segovia amy at amyspark.me
Thu Mar 12 15:40:50 GMT 2020

Hello all,

I'm writing about KDE's licensing policy with regards to a certain
modification to the Apache License 2.0.

The modification in question is located here:
https://github.com/wdas/SeExpr/blob/master/LICENSE

> Copyright Disney Enterprises, Inc.  All rights reserved.
>
> Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
> you may not use this file except in compliance with the License
> and the following modification to it: Section 6 Trademarks.
> deleted and replaced with:
>
> 6. Trademarks. This License does not grant permission to use the
> trade names, trademarks, service marks, or product names of the
> Licensor and its affiliates, except as required for reproducing
> the content of the NOTICE file.
>
> You may obtain a copy of the License at
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Since my proposal for GSoC 2020 will involve linking Krita with that
library, I wanted to check if that would be OK with you.

Best regards,

Leonardo

--
Leonardo E. Segovia