Help with KDE PIM and Google Privacy Policies needed

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri Mar 6 15:32:13 GMT 2020

Adam Szopa - 06.03.20, 16:23:43 CET:
> Dnia piątek, 6 marca 2020 16:11:48 CET Martin Steigerwald pisze:
> > Nicolás Alvarez - 06.03.20, 16:07:09 CET:

> > > That's something you should go ask the thousands of users
> > > complaining
> > > that they can't connect to GMail using KMail. They're the ones
> > > relying on the provider. Go to the bug report and tell them the
> > > solution to their KMail errors is to stop using Google services.
> > > That
> > > should go well
> >
> > See?
>
> I think the first step of moving users from a service such as gmail
> into more decentrlized services, is to provide them a good tool that
> can support both.
>
> It's already a challange to convince someone to move from their
> current software to a different one, combine it with the need to
> change their service provider as well and it becomed that much
> harder.

See the other mail I just said:

I am not strictly against supporting GMail, but I do not like the
complaining attitude displayed by at least some GMail users.

If they rely on GMail as a walled garden then what happens now can
happen anytime again. Do others appear to have less issues? Yeah,
probably, but what can Daniel do if Google does not even bother to
respond to him?

Petition Google if you like KDEPIM to be supported again!

--
Martin