Help with KDE PIM and Google Privacy Policies needed

Martin Flöser mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Mar 6 06:40:49 GMT 2020

Am 2020-03-05 21:19, schrieb Daniel Vrátil:
> Hi all,

> I would appreciate any hints and pointers at where exactly the KDE PIM
> Privacy
> Policy might be in violation of the requirements from Google. I may
> have been
> looking into those documents for so long I can no longer see anything
> :/

Reading [0] I see "Your use of data obtained via the Restricted Scopes
must comply with these requirements:" ... "Only transfer the data to
others if necessary to provide or improve user-facing features that are
prominent in the requesting application's user interface"

And reading the screenshot I think that's the problem. We state in our
privacy policy about 3rd party plugins and Akonadi. Especially Akonadi
is a "transfer of data to others" and that allows all applications to
access the data. If KWin accesses the data it would be in violation of
the additional requirements of the requested scope.

Cheers
Martin

[0]
https://developers.google.com/terms/api-services-user-data-policy#additional-requirements-for-specific-api-scopes