Help with KDE PIM and Google Privacy Policies needed

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Thu Mar 5 20:19:35 GMT 2020

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help with privacy policy documents. As I'm getting
further with getting Gmail access form Kontact approved again by Google, I ran
into a wall regarding privacy policy: I was told that the KDE PIM Privacy
Policy [0] is not in compliance with "Addition Requirements for Restricted
Scopes" [1].  There's some more information about the restricted scopes here
[2] and in the attached screenshot of the email we got from the Google OAuth
verification team.

I would appreciate any hints and pointers at where exactly the KDE PIM Privacy
Policy might be in violation of the requirements from Google. I may have been
looking into those documents for so long I can no longer see anything :/

Thanks a lot for any help
Daniel

[0] https://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Privacy_Policy
[1] https://developers.google.com/terms/api-services-user-data-policy#additional_requirements_for_specific_api_scopes
[2] https://support.google.com/cloud/answer/9110914#restricted-scopes

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683