Season of KDE 2020

Gopi Manohar Tatiraju deathcoderx at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 04:53:40 GMT 2020

Hello,
I want to contribute to KDE. I am well versed with programming but I am new
to open source contributions. I have some doubts regarding the process.

   - How to test the changes we made in the code. I mean, lets consider the
   example of ROCS( https://kde.org/applications/education/org.kde.rocs). I
   made some changes in the code, now how to test if those changes are
   actually applied or not. When we write code we see output on output windows
   but here how to see those changes?
   - Are there any specific IDEs for these purpose.

Thank you in advance for your help.

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 8:51 PM Gopi Manohar Tatiraju <deathcoderx at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey!!
> Thank you for your reply. I will start with small changes and I will also
> put up a mail at *KDE-edu, *so that I can get a better understanding of
> working of the software.
> Regards,
> Gopi Tatiraju
>
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 1:18 AM Caio Tonetti <caio.tonetti at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> This is good, ROCS still need lots of improvements!
>> And yes, this is a error that happens a lot in rocs, that algorithm that
>> position the nodes need some
>> improvements. Moreover, the graph view needs a lot of fixing (for bad
>> mouse clicks) and other problems.
>> The positioning of the nodes can be dealt separately from the fixing of
>> the graph view, as there exist
>> many difficult algorithms for fast positioning of nodes.
>>
>> For the mentoring, yes, I am listed as the mentor, but there are many
>> interested in this project.
>> I recommend a simple (not necessarily related to the project)
>> contribution to rocs just to show your interest
>> and knowledge of the basics.
>>
>> If you want more discussions, please send an email to *KDE-edu*, so the
>> other developers of ROCS can also
>> be part.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Caio Tonetti
>>
>> Em ter., 17 de dez. de 2019 às 12:03, Gopi Manohar Tatiraju <
>> deathcoderx at gmail.com> escreveu:
>>
>>> Hey,
>>> I want to work on improving Rsoc in Season Of KDE 2020.
>>> I went through the software and ran some examples.
>>> The first and foremost issue that I faced was, the first graph which we
>>> put on the screen, even when we do it via Generate Graph option in tools
>>> due to some error it places the graph at wrong coordinates.
>>>
>>> I want to start working on this project. As you are the listed mentor
>>> for this project, I just wanted to inform you of my interest in this
>>> project. Also some discussion on how to overcome these issues will be very