Call for mentors and project ideas for Google Summer of Code 2020

Gopi Manohar Tatiraju deathcoderx at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 20:47:57 GMT 2020

Hello,
I want to start contributing to open source.
I am well versed with programming but I am new to open source
contributions. I have some doubts regarding the process.

   - How to test the changes we made in the code. I mean, lets consider the
   example of ROCS( https://kde.org/applications/education/org.kde.rocs). I
   made some changes in the code, now how to test if those changes are
   actually applied or not. When we write code we see output on output windows
   but here how to see those changes?
   - Are there any specific IDEs for these purpose.

I hope this is the right place to ask. Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards.
Gopi M. Tatiraju