KDE Developer Documentation

Juan Carlos Torres jucato at kdemail.net
Sat Dec 28 04:32:14 GMT 2019

Hi Valorie!

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 1:36 PM Valorie Zimmerman <
valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way, the Frameworks Cookbook was written and is still available:
> https://community.kde.org/Books for more information. And we did do it in
> git!

Thanks! This and the much older developer guide were part of my survey of
currently available documentation. In fact, I was quite impressed by the
depth of content in the Frameworks Cookbook. Sadly, it only touches on a
few of the frameworks. Having all Frameworks contain that much
documentation would go a long way in presenting our software in a more
favorable way.

Sadly, one disadvantage of the books is discoverability. I respect the
process and the people that created the books but perhaps it would be best
to have the information as part of the API documentation for better
visibility. Or perhaps a more dedicated site for developer documentation.
Ideally, we'd be able to generate a "book" gathered from different
documentation sources but that is too far in the future for now.

I hope we can get more technical writers onboard, especially those who
helped write the cookbook.

--
Regards,

Juan Carlos Torres