New homepage for kde.org

Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Sun Dec 8 14:58:14 GMT 2019

On 2019-12-07 23:52, Nate Graham wrote:
> This looks excellent.
>
> I have just a few suggestions:
>
> The Applications section could be simplified by omitting the 2x3 grid
> of apps on the top, since those same apps are then presented with nice
> screenshots and text immediately below.
>
> The Community section feels like it has too many pictures in it. Maybe
> pare that down to just 3, like an Akademy group photo, the GSoC photo,
> and the LaKademy 2018 photo.

Hi,

I think, too, the new page looks very nice!

I am with Nate, that for the pictures, on the start page, less is more.
Having some there is really a great idea, to show that we are an active
community
of people. But a few would be enough and we can have some sub-page with
pictures from our past events.

Technical side note: given one of our aims is privacy, do we really need
the piwik stuff
or would normal web logs with statistics enough for our purpose?

We could aim to be a cookie free (and external resources free) site that
doesn't track
people at all.

I am not that convinced we need the statistics that much.

Greetings
Christoph

--
Ignorance is bliss...