Please don't make planet.kde.org into a politics feed

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Thu Dec 5 12:56:33 GMT 2019

Let me try one more time:

- We discussed this before.
- We came up with consensus on a rules compromise.
- We're discussing it again.
- You need to make a strong case why circumstances are different and the outcome of this conversation should be different from the established consensus.
- So far you're just repeating arguments.
- None of the arguments are in reference to the documented rules (even though the filter thing, which would require categorization by authors, could be written in such a way).

Consensus exists and is documented so we don't repeat debates from square one every time. Doing so anyway just because you don't agree with your peers is disrespecting others' time and not behavior appropriate for the community list, where we get *together* instead of running our own show.

This is particular so because this debate does happen in context of a particular blog post and individuals in a community deserve protection from mobs.

Cheers,
Eike