Issues (Re: KDE e.V. Community Report for 2018 available)

Philippe Cloutier chealer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 21:33:52 GMT 2019

Le 2019-11-30 à 12:39, Paul Brown a écrit :
> On sábado, 30 de noviembre de 2019 17:11:07 (CET) Philippe Cloutier wrote:
>> Thanks Paul,
>>
>> Le 2019-11-29 à 12:22, Paul Brown a écrit :

>>> If you find issues with the report (inaccuracies, spelling mistakes,
>>> etc.), can you post them here?
>> There is some information I would like to see in the report which is not
>> there, though I don't know if that can be suggested for a template for
>> future years. But the main issues I noticed are the following:
>>
>>    * The lack of production or/and publication dates
> Production and publication dates of what?

Of the 2018 community report

>> * The "Streamline the onboarding of new contributors" section links to
>> https://webchat.kde.org/#/room/#kde-welcome:kde.org
>> I was not expecting that a "KDE Welcome team" link in an
>> organization's yearly report would point to some instant messaging
>> channel, but if that's intentional, I am not sure it was intended to
>> link to a "welcome" channel which can't even be consulted without an
>> account.
> Well... it links to what it says: to the team. That's where they hang out and
> are ready to talk to newcomers and guide them on their way.
>
>> If it's really intentional to link to that channel in its
>> current state, it would surely be less misleading to have that link
>> labelled "a discussion channel created by the new team" or something
>> like that.
> Only is not a "discussion channel", at least in the sense that is not where
> they discuss how to welcome people (that happens elsewhere). It is the place
> where they actually welcome people. It is not some sort of meta channel or
> anything like that. I am not sure what you would have preferred I link to.

Well, if it's a channel where people are welcomed through discussion,
it's a discussion channel, but I was not saying that "a discussion
channel created by the new team" is the best label possible, just
suggesting one way to solve that.

To clarify my comment, what I was expecting for the current label is
either a list of team members, or a page *about* the team ( such as
https://wiki.debian.org/DAManager ).

--
Philippe Cloutier
http://www.philippecloutier.com