Sysadmin Load Reduction: Code Related Services

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Tue Nov 19 12:47:46 GMT 2019

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 6:29 PM Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> It'll be hard to tell whether a name is unique or not when creating a
> repository unfortunately.
> For the most part I do not expect collisions to occur though and we
> certainly won't aim to create duplicate names.

Wouldn't creating a repo also include creating the repo-metadata file
for it? Through that it should be easy to assert uniqueness via a
server-side hook on repo-metadata.

In point of fact, if we fully flatten out the files I expect uniquness
would be implicit.

e.g.

repo-metadata/projects/blinken.yaml (repopath: kde/blinken)
repo-metadata/projects/kinfocenter.yaml (repopath: kde/kinfocenter
repo-metadata/projects/www-kde-org.yaml (repopath: sysadmin/www-kde-org)

HS