Sysadmin Load Reduction: Subversion Infrastructure

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Nov 10 10:56:08 GMT 2019

El diumenge, 10 de novembre de 2019, a les 3:04:03 CET, Alexander Potashev va escriure:
> вс, 10 нояб. 2019 г. в 04:10, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org>:
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 11:19 AM Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > El dissabte, 9 de novembre de 2019, a les 21:22:16 CET, Ben Cooksley va escriure:

> > > Because we use it in l10n.kde.org to link to po files.
> >
> > Mind detailing what those links are used for?
>
> A common workflow suggested for translators without SVN account
> (and/or those who find it hard to use SVN) is as folllows:
>
>  1. Go to https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/team/ru/ ("ru" for
> Russian) and pick a .po translation file that needs update - e.g.
> incomplete translation or one containing mistakes.
>
>  2. Click on the .po file at l10n.kde.org to downloaded. WebSVN is
> used for this.
>
>  3. Edit the downloaded .po file, send for review, etc.
>

> WebSVN is even mentioned in KDE's primary translation how-to:
> https://l10n.kde.org/docs/translation-howto/gui-translation.html

In addition to that we also use it in check-kde-tp-results to link to the particular version the check was run
e.g.
  https://l10n.kde.org/check-kde-tp-results/trunk-kf5/et/messages.html
links to
  https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/et/messages/kdemultimedia/kwave.po?revision=1555006&view=markup
in case it was fixed later since the checks only run weekly.

Of course all all of this can be "fixed" by us providing having a "mirror of the l10n files" on l10n.kde.org but without having a clue on how websvn works it seems it'd be much easier to just keep running that instead of having to code our own mirror.

Cheers,
  Albert