Sysadmin Load Reduction: Subversion Infrastructure

Māris Nartišs maris.kde at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 09:55:45 GMT 2019

svētd., 2019. g. 10. nov., plkst. 04:09 — lietotājs Alexander Potashev
(<aspotashev at gmail.com>) rakstīja:

> вс, 10 нояб. 2019 г. в 04:10, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org>:
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 11:19 AM Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > El dissabte, 9 de novembre de 2019, a les 21:22:16 CET, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> > > Because we use it in l10n.kde.org to link to po files.
> >
> > Mind detailing what those links are used for?
>
> A common workflow suggested for translators without SVN account
> (and/or those who find it hard to use SVN) is as folllows:
>
>  1. Go to https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/team/ru/ ("ru" for
> Russian) and pick a .po translation file that needs update - e.g.
> incomplete translation or one containing mistakes.
>
>  2. Click on the .po file at l10n.kde.org to downloaded. WebSVN is
> used for this.
>
>  3. Edit the downloaded .po file, send for review, etc.

Besides easier way of handling some corner cases, as exampled by
Friedrich W. H. Kossebau, this is the main reason. If WebSVN goes
away, it means redesign of l10n.kde.org to extract PO/POT files to
some storage place for serving. It might take less space than a full
copy of SVN repo, but who volunteers to write the code (before WebSVN
is shut down)?

Māris Nartišs.