Sysadmin Load Reduction: Subversion Infrastructure
nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 23:50:09 GMT 2019
El sáb., 9 de nov. de 2019 a la(s) 20:29, Nate Graham (nate at kde.org) escribió:
> Not knowing anything about the translation system we use... what are the
> blockers to moving it over to git?
Not necessarily in order:
- Experiment conversion to git and see if the resulting repo(s) are of
a reasonable size (I vaguely recall seeing bad results with this)
- Convince and teach every translator to use git (expect lots of friction here)
- Make scripty use git instead of svn (likely lots of work)
- Some language teams have their own tooling (local for translation,
or web for statistics) that would need to be gitified too. For
example, the Spanish team developed KSvnUpdater.
- Update lots of documentation in different languages (eg.
You may even need to migrate languages one by one (as you convince
each language team?), so in the meantime all tooling would need to
support both repos at the same time.
It doesn't sound like fun...
More information about the kde-community