Reducing the load on Sysadmin

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Nov 9 19:43:01 GMT 2019

El dissabte, 9 de novembre de 2019, a les 0:49:49 CET, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> Hi all,
>
> One of the things that was prepared as a result of the Sysadmin BoF at
> Akademy was a list of systems and services which we look after and
> provide to the community.
>
> Whilst individually all of the services seem fairly reasonable and
> maintainable, the cumulative number of them has created a situation
> where they limit our ability to reasonably maintain our services as a
> collective whole.
>
> I've therefore conducted an analysis of all the various services we
> operate, with the objective of shutting down those services and sites
> that either provide marginal benefit to the community, are historical
> in nature or which could be provided better by others.
>
> Please note that while individually each item may seem small (and
> therefore "not an issue" to continue running), it is the collective
> number of them that create the problem.
>
> I'll shortly be sending out a series of emails regarding the services
> in question which have been identified for shutdown.

Honestly i think you took the wrong approach here, removing things we seem to be using because there's not enough sysadmins instead of trying to increase the sysadmins.

Cheers,
  Albert

P.S: Maybe there has been an attempt to increase the sysadmins, if so I apologize