Issues with the issue tracking system

Philippe Cloutier chealer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 18:29:56 GMT 2019

Hi Eike,

On 2019-11-04 04:06, Eike Hein wrote:
> > Regarding "finger-pointing", I've taken care not to name the person
> responsible for the situation.
>
> You've pretended not name them to be able to claim this

I haven't "pretended not name them", I simply didn't name him.

> , but made it abundantly clear who you're butting heads with and gone
> as far as suggesting mental health problems and feigning concern.

I don't know what your "feigning concern" refers to, but I haven't
suggested mental health problems. I am thinking of a *single* mental
health problem - one so prevalent and which we see so often in
excessively ambitious software projects I need not even specify its name.

> [...]
>
> This is not the venue for mudslinging of this kind, and if you want to
> have a productive discussion of your topic you should own up and
> apologize for it before engaging further.

I just re-read myself and I fail to see what you consider as mudslinging
in what I wrote. If it's the suggestion of a mental health problem,
don't forget that 1 in 4 people suffer from a mental/neurological
disorder, so statistically, more than 1 of those already involved in
this thread does :-(
I can understand that you could consider some suggestions of mental
health issues as insulting, but your reproach here has some resemblance
with the contributor's attitude. Discussion of any issue (whether merely
suspected or real) should be welcome, as long as the discussion is
carried respectfully. As I wrote, I am not a health professional, and
more importantly I do not know enough about him to make a diagnosis. In
fact, I don't even remember much about that individual before a few
months ago, so the chances that he is mentally sane are very high, and
the chances that he does not suffer from burnout are even higher, but I
have no intention to apologize just for bringing up a taboo topic.

--
Philippe Cloutier
http://www.philippecloutier.com