A reminder for funding applications

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Oct 28 10:48:20 GMT 2019

Dear KDE community,

Here's a last-minute reminder that you (as an individual developer) can apply
for funding to work on "cool stuff on the internet". There was a talk at
Akademy by Michiel, but there are other sources, too. Here are two (with
deadlines nov. 1 and dec. 1):

> The Internet Freedom Fund is OTF's primary way to support projects and
people working on open and accessible technology-centric projects that promote
human rights, Internet freedom, open societies, and help advance inclusive and
safe access to global communications networks for at-risk users including
journalists, human rights defenders, civil society activists, and every-day
people living within repressive environments who wish to speak freely online.

https://www.opentech.fund/funds/internet-freedom-fund/

> Technology without adequate privacy controls affects the quality, intimacy
and depth of human relationships and of life in general. In our online
environments we do not just have to deal with those who mean well - our next
of kin, friends, acquaintances, co-workers or the people we share private or
professional interests with.

https://nlnet.nl/propose/

[ade]