PSA: Cornell CIVS system banned from KDE.org mail infrastructure

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Oct 24 08:59:49 BST 2019

Hi all,

The following is notice that the Cornell CIVS system, operated from
the website at civs.cs.cornell.edu, and from the email address
civs at cs.cornell.edu, has been blacklisted from sending email through
KDE.org infrastructure.

This ban has been implemented as a result of abusive content received
by members of the community, which Cornell University staff have
refused to remove from the system (either by responding with just
standardised refusal templates, or completely ignoring us)

Based on this we've come to the conclusion that the system is being
operated by Cornell University in a manner which is inconsistent with
the KDE Code of Conduct and causing active harm to members of our
community - leading to the decision to ban it.

Should anyone be involved with projects which use the system, we'd
recommend they switch to an alternative system.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin