Licensing policy and Apache 2.0

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sun Oct 20 19:32:06 BST 2019

Hi,

right now the licensing policy does not contain the Apache 2.0 license:
https://community.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy

While it may not be really useful for C++ code, the Apache 2.0 license is more
extensively used by the Python community, and it may be useful for
infrastructure scripts. For example, I have in mind a few Python-based scripts
for the i18n infrastructure and it may be useful to use it.

I feel that adding Apache 2.0 to section 5 of the licensing policy would be
enough for this, but of course we may want to create a special section to
restrict its scope, if we want to avoid its usage in C++ code.

Of course it may be possible to avoid it and just use pure MIT or BSD when
GPL/LGPL are not used.

What do you think?

Ciao
--