FSF leadership

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 00:02:29 BST 2019

Good question, Jake.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 3:07 PM Jay tay <jacobantaya-91 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Why does race, gender etc. Even have to be discussed. More politics in a
> non political place. I'd rather talk about tech and furthering this
> project. This is ridiculous.
>
> --
> Jake A.

::snip old::

The reason the issue is important is that many of our potential
contributors have been driven away, and are now being driven away. This
hinders our tech development. Sorry, anywhere humans collectively do things
together is by definition "political".

Our discussion is all about furthering this project and the FOSS community
as a whole, so we can make good tech that suits the needs of all of us.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her