KF6 Sprint

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sun Sep 15 12:14:28 BST 2019

Hi,

as you might have seen in David's summary of the KF6 BoF at Akademy (https://
mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-frameworks-devel/2019-September/093298.html),
there's the idea to have a KF6 sprint, along the lines of the KF5 sprint we
had in Randa a few years back, to determine what we actually want to achieve
with KF6 beyond just porting to Qt6.

If you are interested please subscribe to https://phabricator.kde.org/T11535
and indicate your interest to participate, as well as times that would work
for you. I'm not just looking at the current KF5 contributors for this, but
also those of you heavily using KF5.

If you are willing to help organize the sprint, please indicate so there too,
help with that would be greatly appreciated (I'm not organizing this, I'm just
writing this email because Albert asked me too ;-) ).

With Qt 6 planned for Nov 2020 we are probably looking at a 18-24 month time
frame towards KF6, so it's time to get this going.

Regards,
Volker