Invent/gitlab, issues and bugzilla

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Thu Jul 4 04:22:11 BST 2019

Nate Graham kirjoitti 3.7.2019 klo 21.23:
> On 7/3/19 11:53 AM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> If the new is much better than the old, let's just remove the old.
>>
>> As said, having two things that do the same is just confusing for
>> everyone.
>
> I would tend to agree, and having two is super confusing. In general,
> people who have reported bugs on both Bugzilla and GitHub or GitLab seem
> to agree that Bugzilla's UX is inferior. However I don't believe we've
> officially trialed GitLab Issues and investigated what missing features
> need to be added before we can migrate to it. Maybe the time to do that
> is now, as a part of the general GitLab evaluation and migration period.
>
> Personally I find GitLab Issues to offer a vastly superior UX for bug
> reporting compared to Bugzilla. However the UX for bug management and
> triaging is not as granular. For example I still haven't figured out a
> way to create a saved search for "all Issues opened in the last 24 hours
> across all projects". And it would be nice to have some kind of overview
> similar to https://bugs.kde.org/weekly-bug-summary.cgi.

The upcoming Bugzilla version 6 will have a vastly superior UX to BZ 5:
https://github.com/bugzilla/bugzilla-ux/wiki/Bugzilla-6-Roadmap

With support from the BZ team, Kohei Yoshino has essentially solved BZ
UX (this includes drafting plans for the future) and I am immensely
grateful to him.

The underlying functionality will remain superior to GitLabs and hubs as
it has been for years.

Ilmari