Invent/gitlab, issues and bugzilla

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Wed Jul 3 19:23:41 BST 2019

On 7/3/19 11:53 AM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> If the new is much better than the old, let's just remove the old.
>
> As said, having two things that do the same is just confusing for everyone.

I would tend to agree, and having two is super confusing. In general,
people who have reported bugs on both Bugzilla and GitHub or GitLab seem
to agree that Bugzilla's UX is inferior. However I don't believe we've
officially trialed GitLab Issues and investigated what missing features
need to be added before we can migrate to it. Maybe the time to do that
is now, as a part of the general GitLab evaluation and migration period.

Personally I find GitLab Issues to offer a vastly superior UX for bug
reporting compared to Bugzilla. However the UX for bug management and
triaging is not as granular. For example I still haven't figured out a
way to create a saved search for "all Issues opened in the last 24 hours
across all projects". And it would be nice to have some kind of overview
similar to https://bugs.kde.org/weekly-bug-summary.cgi.

Nate