KDE Github mirror members

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Jun 27 10:59:33 BST 2019

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 9:09 PM Vlad Zagorodniy <vladzzag at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/26/19 9:04 PM, Albert Vaca Cintora wrote:
> > What do you think? It's just a cosmetic change (we don't need to give
> > any permissions to the members we add to the org) but it's a nice one
> > :) See for example the people in the Mozilla org [2].
> >
> > Who can do this, and who else would be interested in being added?
> >

> Hi,

Hi Vlad,

> I think what matters is how many KDE projects are being developed on
> GitHub. In case of Mozilla there are plenty of such projects.
>
> If we start adding members to the KDE organization, it will mean that
> people can create pull requests.
>
> Unless PRs are disabled for projects that are exclusively being
> developed on Phabricator (sigh), maybe it's a good idea to stay away
> from adding members to the organization.

At the moment it is already possible for people to send Pull Requests
to our Github projects.
These are automatically closed by a bot at the moment, except for the
small handful of projects that have opted to accept Github Pull
Requests.

What it would allow though is for people to push commits to our
repositories on Github which may cause issues.

> Cheers,
> Vlad

Regards,
Ben