KDE now has its own Matrix infrastructure

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Feb 26 17:04:48 GMT 2019

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your feedback.

I personally still have concerns with the dot article. I am not a native
English speaker, so I am happy to stand corrected if I am wrong.

But to me, it still reads with some bias towards Matrix. I would like the
article to read as Matrix is yet another choice, not a better or worse
choice than IRC. This is to respect everyone's choice for communication
equally and fairly. The everyone to their own principle.

The principle in KDE is the manifesto, I assume. That is matrix as well as
IRC agnostic. This is a good thing.

I think it would be better not to claim at large that Matrix or IRC is
better worse than the other. It is up to the individual non-paid volunteers
to decide on pair-to-pair or group basis to decide what works for them
best. In this way, I would like the article in the end of the day to read
fairly and without favoritism.

Best regards,
Laszlo Papp