Planet KDE's Twitter KDE List

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 22:13:30 GMT 2019

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 7:13 AM Agustin Benito (toscalix) <abenito at kde.org>
wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 12:40 PM Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:
> >
> > Planet KDE has a feed of Twitter posts from a manually curated list of
> > KDE people on it.  This is below the Reddit feed and Mastodon KDE
> > account feed.  It replaced the embedded #kde tag in Twitter when they
> > removed the ability to embed that.
> >
> > Since it's been set up I've had nobody suggest themselves or others be
> > added to the feed and I fear it'll just get more off topic and
> > irrelevant.
> >
> > Does anyone have an opinion on whether it's useful and interesting?  I
> > can't decide.
>
> If it is about reading twitter entries related with KDE people,
> Twitter clients (web or local) are a much better place than our
> Planet. I think that a well structured set of links that redirect
> Planet readers coming from different social media platforms to out
> most popular contents would be a better approach than the current
> feed.
>
> I am a avid Twitter user.
>
> What I miss though is a proper feed of KDE people I can read in a
> Twitter client. I would create a Twitter list in the KDE Community
> Twitter account and add a big and prominent link to the feed of that
> list in several places, being the KDE planet web one of them. This way
> instead of following KDE people by adding them to my followers one by
> one, I would do it through the list. Those of us who use Twitter
> aggregators would really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks for asking. I appreciate that from time to time you question
> the status quo and come out with these questions.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Agustin

When I wanted to buff up the list of people I follow on twitter, I went to
KDE Community's Twitter page, and looked at which accounts KDE follows, and
who follows KDE. I did the same thing when I set up Mastodon again. I think
this is much more useful than any list, which will always be out-of-date.
That said, a list would be shorter.

Valorie
@valoriez, Valorie at mastodon.social