Planet KDE's Twitter KDE List

Agustin Benito (toscalix) abenito at kde.org
Thu Feb 14 15:12:59 GMT 2019

Hi Jonathan,
On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 12:40 PM Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:

> Planet KDE has a feed of Twitter posts from a manually curated list of
> KDE people on it.  This is below the Reddit feed and Mastodon KDE
> account feed.  It replaced the embedded #kde tag in Twitter when they
> removed the ability to embed that.
>
> Since it's been set up I've had nobody suggest themselves or others be
> added to the feed and I fear it'll just get more off topic and
> irrelevant.
>
> Does anyone have an opinion on whether it's useful and interesting?  I
> can't decide.

If it is about reading twitter entries related with KDE people,
Twitter clients (web or local) are a much better place than our
Planet. I think that a well structured set of links that redirect
Planet readers coming from different social media platforms to out
most popular contents would be a better approach than the current
feed.

I am a avid Twitter user.

What I miss though is a proper feed of KDE people I can read in a
Twitter client. I would create a Twitter list in the KDE Community
Twitter account and add a big and prominent link to the feed of that
list in several places, being the KDE planet web one of them. This way
instead of following KDE people by adding them to my followers one by
one, I would do it through the list. Those of us who use Twitter
aggregators would really appreciate it.

Thanks for asking. I appreciate that from time to time you question
the status quo and come out with these questions.

Best Regards

Agustin