Touch Screens and KDE

Cisbug cisbug at online.ms
Thu Dec 27 22:57:54 GMT 2018

At Wednesday, 26 December 2018, 08:28:45 CET Jacky Alcine wrote:
> I'm curious about peoples' thoughts and any developments in the space of
> touch screens for KDE. I use a Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 [1] as my main laptop /
> machine but I can't see me using my touch screen for it a lot outside of me
> doing stuff with VLC.
>
> I also am curious if this is more of a systems thing that's below KDE (like
> within X11/Wayland) that I have to look into. I want to get a decent stylus
> (might invest in the suggested one by Dell)[2] and see how it fares. I don't
> have Windows on here but I do know that there's mention of it being able to
> launch OneNote and people handle notes from there.
My Laptop is a 13'' Inspiron too. Using latest KDE release without Wayland. I use the touch
screen very seldom. Most time I use only keyboard and touchpad.

After reading you posting, I've checked, KMail, Okular, KDE-Falkon browser. All of them
support zooming using two fingers on the screen. I am curious to learn more, what I can
do with the touch screen.