Let's talk about KDE at FOSDEM 2019! :)

Ivana Isadora Devcic skadinna at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 15:20:57 GMT 2018

Hi everyone,

one of the biggest FOSS events is slowly approaching. FOSDEM 2019 will take
place in Brussels, Belgium on February 2 and 3.

KDE will have a booth at the event (yay!), but we could also represent the
community by giving talks about our projects in different Developer Rooms.

If you're interested in giving a talk about a KDE-related topic, that's
fantastic!
Here are some suggestions for where you could submit your talk proposals:

Open Source Design Devroom
Details:
https://opensourcedesign.net/events/2019/02/02/opensourcedesign-fosdem-2019
Deadline: December 1, 2018

What you could talk about: our Usability goal and the UX/UI improvements
made as part of the goal; our HIG and the shiny new website (
https://hig.kde.org/)...

Distributions Devroom
Details: https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2018q4/002786.html
Deadline: December 2, 2018

What you could talk about: KDE neon-related topics; collaboration with
different distributions and their communities; building, testing, and
packaging our software; release process improvements...

Graphics DevRoom
Details: https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2018q4/002806.html
Deadline: no hard deadlines, but December 13 is the last day before
finalizing the schedule

What you could talk about: Wayland; anything related to windowing systems,
graphics drivers and how to handle them...

Security Devroom
Details: https://github.com/security-devroom/fosdem-2019
Deadline: December 1, 2018

What you could talk about: security and usability; encryption; how KDE
software protects users' privacy...

-----

If you have ideas that don't really fit into any of these Developer Rooms,
take a look at the full list of rooms and find a more suitable one:

https://www.fosdem.org/2019/news/2018-10-14-accepted-developer-rooms/

Do you need help with formulating your idea, or want someone to proofread
and prettify your proposal? Come to KDE Promo and we'll help you!

Even if you're unsure what to talk about, we can help you brainstorm and
put together a nice proposal. Find us on freenode in #kde-promo or join our
Telegram group (https://t.me/joinchat/AEyx-0O8HKlHV7Cg7ZoSyA).

Fingers crossed that your proposals get accepted! :)

Cheers,

Ivana Isadora / KDE Promo Team