Improving Bugzilla Status Names

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Sun Sep 30 17:39:04 BST 2018

On 28 September 2018 09:48:42 BST, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:
>Kai Uwe Broulik ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  > Here is my follow-up change recommendation based on feedback and
>research:
>>  >
>>  > UNCONFIRMED -> REPORTED
>>  > WONTFIX -> INTENTIONAL
>>  > INVALID -> NOTABUG
>>
>> one issue I'm having with "REPORTED" is that it shows up as "REPO" in
>the list
>> and can easily be confused with "REOP" for "REOPENED". Perhaps we
>need
>> something different for Reopened then.
>
>If we rename also that, we would have two bug names diverging from the
>other
>bug trackers, instead of just one. Moreover I find that there is no
>much to
>discuss on the appropriateness of REOPENED.
>I'd rather find an alternative for REPORTED, if this confusion is going
>to be
>an issue.
>
>--
>Luigi

I think that REPORTED is an ideal term for a newly opened bug. Is there really a problem with the abbreviations REPO and REOP? Surely people will quickly get used to making the distinction, if they make a mistake at all. In any case, as soon as the bug report is accessed, it will be clear what its status is. Please keep REPORTED and REOPENED as they are.

--
David Jarvie
KAlarm author, KDE developer