Improving Bugzilla Status Names

Elvis Angelaccio elvis.angelaccio at kde.org
Sun Sep 23 10:12:25 BST 2018

On sabato 22 settembre 2018 14:35:21 CEST, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On zaterdag 22 september 2018 13:41:39 CEST Elvis Angelaccio wrote:
>

>> I'm surprised the new names have already been deployed on bugzilla.
>>
>> We are talking about a pretty big change in our workflow and I think we
>> didn't discuss it enough. Also, many developers are not on
>> this list and we
>> should have contacted at least kde-devel first.
>
> I disagree. If you're part of the KDE community, you should be
> on this list.

Right, but that doesn't change the fact that some developers (for whatever
reason)
are not on this list. And bugzilla is a tool mainly for developers.

> And it's been discussed on and off for over a year: plenty enough.

It took less than a week this time, though. I wanted to join this
discussion
but I was too late, that's a bit frustrating.

>> For example, I don't understand how am I supposed to close wishlists now.
>> Resolved-Wontix made sense to me, Resolved-Later or
>> Resolved-Intentional do
>> not, imho.
>
> In my opinion, resolved/intentional is as appropriate as
> resolved/wontfix --
> since a wish isn't bug, implementing it isn't a fix either. All bugzilla
> statuses are crutches, that's just something we have to live with.

But at least wontfix is used almost everywhere and its meaning is standard
(people even use it as a verb!).

Cheers,
Elvis