pseudonymous contributions to KDE

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Sep 19 11:38:15 BST 2018

On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 6:02:22 AM EDT Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:
> > On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 07:38:35PM +0200, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> >> Can one sign a Fiduciary License Agreement under pseudonym?
> >
> > Same as above on the whole.  At least in Scotland there's no
> > restrictions on what name you chose to use for any purpose as long as
> > it's not for fraud.
>
> Can we talk to lawyers and other coding communities? This is not something
> that can be decided just thinking about "more contributions".

The FLA is an agreement between a German organization (that is, the KDE e.V.)
and the licensor (that is, the contributor who is handing the fiduciary
license to the licensee). That makes Scottish norms irrelevant -- and part of
this discussion, too, since it's about what the *e.V.* will (or can) accept. I
don't know if the FLA contains, off-hand, choice-of-jurisdiction phrasing.
It's certainly something to discuss with one of our tame lawyers (who are not
our lawyers in a formal sense).

[ade]