pseudonymous contributions to KDE

Christian Loosli kde at fuchsnet.ch
Wed Sep 19 11:38:54 BST 2018

Am Mittwoch, 19. September 2018, 12:34:00 CEST schrieb Luigi Toscano:

> That's very bad. But:

> > so I understand every person who prefers to work under a pseudonym and I
> > think we should not make this impossible.

> Does it make impossible any future changes related to the software license
> (from a simple relicensing to handling legal actions)? If the answer is no,
> then it's sad but we can't fix the laws just by coding and sometimes even
> shouting (see the EU reform).

Not any more than the fact that you can't change the license without agreement
of people you can't, for other reasons, get in touch with.

I don't think a real name does any more than pseudonyms there: if you have no
means of contact  (e.g. person is MIA, person no longer has this e-mail
address, ...) you have a problem, unrelated to whether the person used a
pseudonym or not.

If you want to use the real name as a proof of identity to validate a yay or
nay to license change: that doesn't work either.

So personally I don't think it does much or even any difference there.

Kind regards,

Christian