pseudonymous contributions to KDE

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Sep 19 10:52:49 BST 2018

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 07:38:35PM +0200, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What is the KDE policy on accepting code contributions under pseudonym? I've
> gotten review requests on Rust Qt Binding Generator under a pseudonym. Now I
> wonder if I can accept the contribution. The contributor has, under pseudonym,
> a KDE account.

I don't see why not, we are nerds and for whatever reason lots of
nerds like to use pseudonym, shutting that off would just limit our
contributions for no good reason.

> Can one sign a Fiduciary License Agreement under pseudonym?

Same as above on the whole.  At least in Scotland there's no
restrictions on what name you chose to use for any purpose as long as
it's not for fraud.  Obviously the harder it is to prove a name
matches to a real person the harder it would be to test in a
worst-case-scenario court case but I think limiting it would just
limit our contributions for no good reason.

Jonathan