pseudonymous contributions to KDE

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Sep 18 19:09:18 BST 2018

Based on memory, not actual policy:

On Tuesday, 18 September 2018 19:38:35 CEST Jos van den Oever wrote:
> What is the KDE policy on accepting code contributions under pseudonym? I've
> gotten review requests on Rust Qt Binding Generator under a pseudonym. Now
> I wonder if I can accept the contribution. The contributor has, under
> pseudonym, a KDE account.

Grudgingly. We'd much prefer a non-pseudonym.

> Can one sign a Fiduciary License Agreement under pseudonym?

I'm going to say "no" (again, memory, not reading the document closely).
You're making some kind of legal statement; don't do that with a pseudonym.
On the other hand, my FLA says "I, Adriaan de Groot" and refers to commits
done by user adridg, email groot at kde.org .. which are essentiually pseudonyms
for me. So ..

> The FSF allows people to use a pseudonym publicly but requires that the real
> name of the contributor is on file.

That seems workable.

[ade]