Closing NEEDSINFO bugs after 30 days

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Sep 19 07:44:47 BST 2018

Hi,

On Dienstag, 18. September 2018 22:17:08 CEST Nate Graham wrote:

> Thanks for taking the initiative on this, Andrew. I think everything you've laid out makes sense, and I like those messages. +1.

+1. This is very much appreciated. More below ...

>  ---- On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 12:56:09 -0700 Andrew Crouthamel <andrew at crouthamel.us> wrote ----
>  > Thanks Harald,
>  >
>  > I've spoken with buovjaga and x1sc0 regarding their LibreOffice QA procedures: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/Gardening#Task:_Cleaning-out_NEEDINFO
>  >
>  > Linked there are some scripts that are run either automated or manually. The NEEDSINFO one is manual right now. Here is the full listing of scripts: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=dev-tools.git;a=tree;f=qa
>  >
>  > Maybe you could craft something similar that could be cron'd.
>  >
>  > If you end up investigating the LO scripts, the createMassPingLists.py apparently uses a JSON file that is created from https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/dev-tools/tree/esc-reporting/esc-collect.py
>  >
>  > For procedures I'd like to do the same as you recommend:
>  >
>  > > -   3 days pass -> comment gets added
>  > >
>  > > -   15 days pass (33 days since status change) -> reminder comment again
>  >
>  > * Bugs placed into NEEDSINFO status will received a reminder if the ticket is:
>  >   - At least 15 days old
>  >  AND
>  >   - Has not received any comment within 15 days
>  > * If a bug remains in NEEDSINFO for another 15 days with no comment, it will be closed as RESOLVED > WORKSFORME.
>  > * If a bug remains in NEEDSINFO with a comment provided within less than 15 days, no action will be taken (as it does not meet the above criteria).

>  > That way if devs/reporters are conversing in a ticket while in NEEDSINFO status, it won't get closed accidentally.

Well, it has been said in another comment of this thread that the status will/can change automatically once a comment is added (hopefully the automated ones don't count). So that should not be a problem. On the other hand, even if the status would remain to be NEEDSINFO, I expect that the procedure starts all over again and another warning is issued after 15 days.

[...] proposed e-mail text removed

+1 for the proposals. They sound good to me.

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

Did you hear about the guy who got his whole left side cut off?
He's all right now.