freenode #live conference in Bristol: speakers, booth?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Aug 30 14:16:36 BST 2018

On Monday, 27 August 2018 13:10:52 CEST Christian Loosli wrote:
> this year the second freenode #live conference will take place in Bristol
> 3rd and 4rd of November, 2018. For details: https://freenode.live/

Huh, if I catch the train right now I could be in Bristol before midnight (my
measure of "not *that* far away").

> We (freenode) are still looking for speakers and we also have room for
> exhibitors. Knowing that KDE in the past did exhibit at other conferences
> like FOSDEM and also last year at #live: would it make sense to again have
> a KDE stand there, with some promo  / stuff to show?

I think so -- we were at EduCode this week, also an end-users-meet-upstream
kind of event, which was useful in its own way.

> I think this is not only a great opportunity to present KDE software end
> projects, but also to maintain the very good relationship between KDE and
> freenode, as we (KDE) not only use freenode infrastructure, but also got a
> sponsor and recent donations from the surroundings of freenodians. As I will
> be busy wearing my freenode hat at #live, I'm afraid I can't do the KDE
> part.

Have we got people on the ground nearby? That's always easier than shuffling
people around the continent.

[ade] (who hasn't got anything scheduled in November, yet :) )