freenode #live conference in Bristol: speakers, booth?

Christian Loosli kde at fuchsnet.ch
Mon Aug 27 12:10:52 BST 2018

Hi List,

(Wearing multiple hats here, names in brackets should clarify)

this year the second freenode #live conference will take place in Bristol 3rd
and 4rd of November, 2018. For details: https://freenode.live/

We (freenode) are still looking for speakers and we also have room for
exhibitors. Knowing that KDE in the past did exhibit at other conferences like
FOSDEM and also last year at #live: would it make sense to again have a
KDE stand there, with some promo  / stuff to show?

I think this is not only a great opportunity to present KDE software end
projects, but also to maintain the very good relationship between KDE and
freenode, as we (KDE) not only use freenode infrastructure, but also got a
sponsor and recent donations from the surroundings of freenodians. As I will
be busy wearing my freenode hat at #live, I'm afraid I can't do the KDE part.

If you are interested or need more details, feel free to poke me either via E-
Mail or of course on IRC (Fuchs @ freenode).  I'll also gladly lend a helping
hand, where I can, but as per above, I'll probably be mostly busy helping to
organize the conference as a whole.

Thanks in advance, kind regards,

Christian   (Fuchs on freenode)