KDE's Streamlined Onboarding Goal: Status, Akademy 2018 events and 1st Sprint

Neofytos Kolokotronis neofytosk at posteo.net
Mon Aug 6 11:55:11 BST 2018

Hi everyone,

With Akademy coming up, it's a good opportunity to share an update on
this goal and related events.

If you want to catch up with what happened so far and my thoughts on the
topic, you can have a look at my latest blog post:
http://neofytosk.com/post/an-update-on-kdes-onboarding-goal-akademy-and-the-sprint-/

We are also in the process of arranging the 1st Sprint, with the goal
being "Making it quick and easy to set up a development environment". We
want to make it simple and straightforward for people to start working
on KDE software. The current plan is to hold the sprint in
Athens,Greece, some time in Autumn 2018. If you have the skills and
experience to help with this task, do join us here:
https://phabricator.kde.org/T8484.

If you are attending Akademy 2018, I'll be giving a talk about
"Streamlined onboarding of new contributors" on Saturday the 11th at
11:00 and I would be happy if you could make it.

Make sure to also check out these related BoFs:
- Monday 13th, 10:30: Conan.io - Discuss how is best to use Conan in KDE
- Monday 13th, 11:30: KDE's Goals - retro and input for what's next
- Tuesday 14th, 14:00: Streamlined Onboarding - discussion on goal and
upcoming sprint

Look forward to catching you there soon!

Regards,
Neofytos
_
Neofytos Kolokotronis - neofytosk.com