Calling all contributors: Please help us with the EduCode2018 event

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Fri Aug 3 19:13:31 BST 2018

On viernes, 3 de agosto de 2018 19:35:36 (CEST) Adriaan de Groot wrote:

> From the "Stuff we need" section:
>
> * Stickers are a sticking point, as always -- perhaps we can do a quick
> "sticker design" BoF at Akademy, and then print off a few hundred locally?
> Whatever is local quick and cheap -- the board has said that moving stickers
> from the KDE office is prohibitively expensive and local groups should be
> printing them themselves (and expensing that).
>
>   There's existing sticker designs somewhere, too, right?

There is KDE Edu like konqui:

https://community.kde.org/File:Mascot_konqi-app-presentation.png

We would have to put a URL on it or something. See below.

Tomaz is working on pins also (he has a machine that makes pins).

> * Monitor is something I can bring -- 25 or 27" fits in my bag, w/ stand,
> and since I'm just taking a train there's no big risks involved (I've taken
> the same monitor by plane to Gothenburg for a KDE stand, too -- silly me
> when I could have borrowed one locally). So there's no expenses needed
> there.

We have a quote for a 48'' monitor on a 2 meter stand from a local event-
materials business which looks interesting. The idea is that visitors can see
people playing on GCompris and other KDE Edu games from far away.

Unless it is free-standing, there is very little place to put a monitor. There
is no place to hang it and the table is small.

> * Does -edu have a nice wiki landing page? Then a simple QR card would be
> quite nice.

There's this:

https://edu.kde.org/

Although maybe this is better:

https://www.kde.org/applications/education/

Because it shows all the applications stright away.

What do you think? My usability taliban says the second: less stops between
the user and what they want.

Paul
--
Promotion & Communication