Calling all contributors: Please help us with the EduCode2018 event

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri Aug 3 17:38:24 BST 2018

So after double-checking my calendar, I can probably go (conditions are: need
to check if work is ok and the financials neutral). I'm not logged in to Phab
now to add comments on the task myself, so I'll throw some comments in mail.

On Friday, August 3, 2018 12:13:48 PM EDT Paul Brown wrote:
> On viernes, 3 de agosto de 2018 17:04:18 (CEST) Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > On Friday, 27 July 2018 11:35:51 CEST Sivan Greenberg wrote:
> > > I’d do it if I had been living in Europe..sounds like an awesome
> > > opportunity with importance at the educational and societal for the open
> > > nature of education computing.

> > Well, Brussels is a few hours by train for me, and I speak all the local
> > languages (some of them badly, though). Let me double-check my calendar,
> > since I've got lots of other things going on, too.
>
> So far we have three peopl signed up to to go to the event:
>
> * Aleix, who speaks French
> * Tomaz, who doesn't speak French or Flemmish (I think)
> * And myself, who is in the same poor state as Tomaz

On the 25th it was "Aleix is not sure". But this sounds like a cool booth
crew.

> Tomaz is talking to a friend who speaks french but has not been able to
> confirm if she can come.
>
> Hopefully we will be able to convince people with English, but having more
> people that speak the local language, at least for the exhibition part of
> the event on the 27th, would be very helpful.

There's some accomodation already booked, right? Then all I'd need to buy is a
train ticket (< 60 EUR return), if that accomodation is "for whoever is there
for the booth and conference".

[ade]