Help us with curating store.kde.org

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Fri Jul 20 09:06:05 BST 2018

On Thursday, 19 July 2018 19:52:51 BST Scott Harvey wrote:
> Hey Nicolas!

  (i'm not Nicolas, but hi! ;) )

> Although I haven’t (yet) committed to helping out on this project, I’m still
> offering my opinions.
>
> Personally, I wouldn’t like to see the store curators judging the
> submissions on quality. Our personal tastes might influence our decisions.
> It would be like an art museum curator not displaying a work because he
> doesn’t think anyone would like it.
>
> I think the curators should focus on keeping the store clean of things that
> _don’t work_, look out for obvious copies of other people’s code, etc.

  That is precisely (and once we've got actual, written instructions also
explicitly) what the curators are suppose dto be doing. Incidentally,
everybody is already able to do the checks for spam and malicious/illegal
content, which you only need to be logged in as a user to be able to do. That
functionality is in the Details box on the right hand side of any product's
page.

> If someone puts up something that’s “stupid” or worthless, it’ll get voted
> down by other users. My own two Plasmoids are hovering at exactly 2.5 stars
> each. Maybe they’re not so useful after all. :D

  Exactly, the curators are there to help ensure that the stuff that shows up
Plasma and other apps' dialogues will, in fact, work. Just because we might
possibly think something is dumb doesn't mean there isn't loads of people out
there who might very well appreciate a bit of that exact flavour of dumb in
their lives, and they should totally be allowed to go for it ;)

--
..dan / leinir..
http://leinir.dk/