Help us with curating store.kde.org

Scott Harvey scott at spharvey.me
Thu Jul 19 19:52:51 BST 2018

Hey Nicolas!

Although I haven’t (yet) committed to helping out on this project, I’m still offering my opinions.

Personally, I wouldn’t like to see the store curators judging the submissions on quality. Our personal tastes might influence our decisions. It would be like an art museum curator not displaying a work because he doesn’t think anyone would like it.

I think the curators should focus on keeping the store clean of things that _don’t work_, look out for obvious copies of other people’s code, etc.

If someone puts up something that’s “stupid” or worthless, it’ll get voted down by other users. My own two Plasmoids are hovering at exactly 2.5 stars each. Maybe they’re not so useful after all. :D

-Scott (sharvey)