Hep needed !!! (Open Source Contributions)

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue May 22 02:47:03 BST 2018

Hi Calvin, good to hear from you.

First, please don't address people as "sir." In free and open source
communities, such salutations are not welcome. OK?

It is quite lovely to hear you reach out to us. However, you don't say
what you are interested in doing? Do you want to write code?
Contribute to the documentation? Do translation or
internationalization? Artwork? Help out organizing meetings, sprints
and other events?

You say you read the GSoC page. What sort of ideas excited you? What
sort of team are you interested in working with?

Do you use KDE software? If so, have you found things you want to fix,
or make better? That is where most people begin, no matter their
skills. This is exactly how I first engaged, when I found Amarok user
documentation lacking.

We welcome everyone, and every skill, at every level. If you think
that because you are a beginner you have less to offer, that is
mistaken. Your beginner status is your super power! Many of us
long-time users know how to work around pain points. It says something
that you have found it difficult to find your way in so far. We have a
team working on making "on-boarding" better. I hope that they will be
replying to you as well, to find out what you tried before you wrote
here to the KDE-Community list.

Finally, have you seen https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved ?

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

All the best,

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez