Let's get rid of UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Apr 10 18:31:21 BST 2018

On Tuesday, 10 April 2018 19:18:07 CEST, Nate Graham wrote:
> OPEN -> Nobody's looked at it yet
> TRIAGED -> Somebody looked at it but couldn't reproduce it yet
> CONFIRMED -> Somebody looked at it and was able to reproduce it

Is bugzilla really that hard to configure with a workflow? I ran into this
recently with the FreeBSD bugzilla as well, where I needed extra
information and this might be encoded into some fields -- but not into the
status field, which is infuriatingly "new", "open", "in progress",
"closed".

TRAC is a bug tracker that does this well:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracWorkflow

The default workflow is pretty straightforward, but it's easy to customize
to take into account wishlist items, triage and QA teams, etc. And it can
spit out a diagram of its own workflow if you ask nicely.

[ade]